As a Content Strategist, your main job is to craft creative content and implement SEO strategies to help our clients achieve storytelling and search success. You’ll work alongside the rest of the Search & Content department on both internal and external projects. You’ll assist in mentoring/managing our Specialists (paid interns) and collaborating with our design, digital ads, and social media teams.
We expect the job to be around:
- 50% Search & Content management, including content creation, editing, on-site optimizations for SEO, off-site link-building, and other duties that relate to improving a website’s presence on search.
- Oversee the search and content management of 3 – 6 of Online Optimism’s search & content accounts.
- Craft engaging copy in a variety of formats for clients, including blogs, FAQs, website content, press releases, and long-form webpages.
- Conduct external research and coordinate with clients to be able to provide unique insights to their visitors via your content.
- Write about complex topics in a manner that all readers can understand and evaluate, with the ability to shift tone or writing style quickly throughout your day.
- Provide copywriting assistance reviewing Online Optimism external communications.
- Implement SEO best practices to maximize the searchability and use of your content.
- Assist with managing department interns and evaluating/critiquing their work.
- Provide support to our Growth department by assisting with search & content strategies, mock-ups for new business pitches, and suggested link-building campaigns for Online Optimism itself.
- Collaborate with our creative (Design + multimedia) teams to craft the visual side of your storytelling.
- Ably use Moz, SEMrush, and other digital tools to perfect keyword research on your own, and guide long-term client SEO success.
- Utilize Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other metrics to measure your campaign’s success, particularly focused on driving website conversions and increasing valuable organic search traffic.
- 40% Account executive duties.
- Work directly with clients, acting in an account executive role for 3 – 6 of Online Optimism’s accounts.
- Handle reporting and regular communications with your clients.
- Collaborate with our other departments to ensure that your main accounts have a consistent, cohesive strategy and message across all their channels.
- 10% Management of Content Specialists (paid interns)
- Utilize and train new staff on search & content for copywriting, editing, link-building, and the usage of our various tools.
- Oversee Specialists, including setting their goals, handling weekly 1:1s, and providing for their own growth during their time here.
What You Need to Apply:
- 2 – 4 years performing content marketing, or another form of creative writing, in a professional environment.
- Portfolio showcasing experience publishing digital content across mediums and industries.
- Passion for helping small to medium-size businesses grow through measured, effective content marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and autonomously as needed.
- Comfort talking directly to clients and the many members of their teams that we coordinate with to perfect content.
In Addition, We’re Looking for Applicants Who Have:
- Experience working at a digital agency or in-house performing content marketing, copywriting, or SEO.
- Previous experience with SEO or WordPress.
- HTML knowledge that allows you to implement most SEO best practices on your own.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in public relations, marketing, creative writing or communications.
- Google Analytics Certification.
What’s It Like to Be an Optimist?
As a full-time employee, you’ll receive all the benefits that a career at Online Optimism gets you. They’re fully detailed on our Careers page, but an overview is below:
- Annual salary paid weekly.
- 28 paid days off per year: 15 days paid vacation + 13 holidays. You receive 20 days paid vacation after five years.
- Paid Maternity (16 weeks, 100% salary) and Paternity/Adoptive (8 weeks, 100% salary) Leave after your first year.
- Unlimited sick time.
- ~ $1,000 Tech stipend (depends on your city.)
- Health and Dental Insurance for you and any Dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism
- Vision and Life Insurance, 100% covered by Online Optimism.
- Summer Fridays (which, at our agency, are 4 extra half-days you get over the summer).
- Simple IRA retirement plan, with 3% matching from Online Optimism.
- Casual dress code.
- Dog-friendly office space.
- Endless office snacks. We’re not just talking about fun-size candy bars, either. Kombucha, lox, Red Bull, Clif Bars, organic fruit freezer pops, guacamole…if it’s available at Costco, we’ll get it for you.
- Top-of-the-line computers to work on (in addition to our $50K annual software spend). We’ll get you the tech you need to do your job well.
- Flexible work hours: 8–4, 8:30–4:30, 9–5, or 10–6.
- We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career or skills that you want to work on.
- A half-day on your birthday, as long as you wear a birthday hat. Tiaras are allowed.
- Lack of non-compete.
Our offices are currently open, with vaccinated staff allowed to work from the office if they choose. We expect our staff to be in the office, at least part of the week, after the Summer when experts say it is safe.