The 5 Things Every SEO Plan Needs
Making the decision to create an SEO plan for your website is a great one – but are you ready for the commitment? A strong SEO plan needs five essential elements. Click through to find out what they are!
- Planning – You can’t perform SEO correctly without proper planning. Setting aside time at the beginning to figure out your end goals will save you countless hours down the line of wasting time and losing days.
- Keyword Research – This is actually the most important element here, because improper keyword research will lead everything else astray. Make sure that you learn the keywords that your company thinks you should rank for, but also use the tools available to make sure that customers are searching those words and phrases as well.
- Content – Interesting, unique, and share-worthy content is your goal. Make sure that people not only want to share what you’re creating, but that the end result is useful to a visitor too.
- Social – I know what you’re thinking. This is a SEO plan, not a social media plan! But increasingly, search engine results are relying more and more on social signals. Adding a social media connection to your content and other parts of your search engine optimization will future-proof them against Google and Bing’s most likely algorithm changes.
- Persistence – SEO isn’t a one-time thing. It needs to be performed continuously, both with optimized on-site elements (using A/B testing) and daily content creation to attract new links every day.
Did we forget an essential element? Let us know in the comments below!