Paid social media and paid search advertising both remain prominent tools for businesses seeking digital marketing success. However, agencies and in-house marketing coordinators often have a difficult time integrating their strategies across channels to create a consistent and cohesive experience for potential new business. Take a look at this guide to integrating paid social and paid search to stay ahead of the competition and give customers a seamless journey through your digital marketing funnel.
Considering that in the United States alone 77% of people own at least one social media profile, businesses and brands are able to interact with their consumers in a highly visual and engaging manner. Many people have multiple social media profiles that they rotate through in a day and according to Sprout Social, “social networks are the biggest source of inspiration for consumer purchases with 37% of consumers finding purchase inspiration through the channel.” In fact, Falcon reports that social media now contributes to 13% of global ad spend after television (29%) and paid search (17%) in 2019. This trend will not be slowing down anytime soon. Advertising spend in the social media segments amounts to $102 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow 7% or $125 billion by 2023, says Statista.
Increased competition and higher advertising costs will continue to be a challenge for advertisers on social media. However, working with industry-leading experts, like Online Optimism, is the perfect way for businesses and brands to stay ahead of the competition. Understanding how to craft ads that are most impactful during each segment of a consumer’s journey is just one of the reasons that make our social media team industry-leading experts. We work with you to develop a strategy that is personalized to your business and tailored to your objectives. Allow us to help you navigate the paid social sphere and generate results that are meaningful to your business and achieve greater returns on ad spend!
While the social media world contains a vast audience of users throughout its network, paid search tackles an entirely different but connected channel of users. As the dominating search engine with over 70% of search market share, Google is undoubtedly the most frequented channel for intent-based searches. While users on social media may engage with brands and increase brand loyalty, users going to Google, Amazon, YouTube or the dozen other search engines are going with an intended purpose by means of search keywords. If your organic search is not as strong as your competition, paid search offers a solution to get your business to appear in those desired top spots! The top 3 paid ad spots get 46% of the clicks on page and our team ensures that your paid advertisements beat the competition to get the searches that matter most to your business. In addition to driving meaningful results, our team works to optimize campaign efforts in order to secure higher search impression shares, while also reducing costs for your business.
Benefits of Integrating Social and Search Advertising
Paid Search Keyword Planner
- Discover possible search terms and search volume to gain insight into the needs of your campaign and utilize these buzzwords to craft custom social media campaigns that reflect the consumers’ search-intent.
- Use creative that corresponds to search terms and include trending search terms in ad copy or ad headlines.
- If search volume is low for a keyword that is essential to your company, brand awareness ads on social might help drive more users to your website.
- Using these lower search volume keywords in your social media brand awareness ads will help drive more searches for these keywords that are important to your business.
Paid Social Media Insights
- Use demographic insights like age, location, and device from paid social campaigns to influence paid search campaigns targeting settings.
Paid Search Demographics
- Similarly to above, utilize demographic information or areas lacking results to further target your social ads!
- Create lookalike audiences on social media based on the customer lead data from your paid search campaigns to reach users similar to your real customers.
- You can also further narrow these audiences by using detailed targeting facets, such as interests or behaviors, that are important to your business.
- High-performance keywords in your paid search campaigns can also be targeted as interests in your paid social campaigns, especially if you’re dealing with limited advertising budgets and need to target on a national or regional level.
- Cover all of your bases and remember to run remarketing campaigns on social media to continue serving ads to users who clicked on your paid search ads.
- You can also look into display advertising or YouTube video advertising to ensure you’re always with consumers while they are online.
- Matching your digital advertising efforts and ensuring your digital presence and branding is cohesive helps consumers not only recognize your brand more easily but make them more likely to convert.
- It’s important to reach users at every point of the funnel, in this case, anywhere they are online, to help cycle them through their conversion journey.
Need More Help with Paid Social and Paid Search?
Congratulations on taking the first step towards integrating paid social with paid search! Understanding the importance of having seamless cross-channel digital campaigns is critical to successful omni-channel marketing. If you have questions about any of our tactics or if you are looking to take your paid advertising to the next level, contact our digital advertising team.
We have years of experience, develop personalized cross-channel strategies tailored to each of our client’s goals, and will work around the clock to generate results for your business. For more information about digital advertising, contact Online Optimism.