The application period for this position is now closed. If you’re interested in future career opportunities at Online Optimism, please fill out the form on this page.
SEO & Content Marketing Coordinator
As an SEO & Content Marketing Coordinator, we expect you to serve as a mid-level role in client success for our Search & Content Department. You work directly under our Search & Content Director, with guidance from higher level Strategists, while assisting our Associates and further developing your abilities to handle larger accounts.
We expect the job to be around:
- 60% Search & Content management, including content creation, editing, on-site optimizations for SEO, off-site link-building, and other duties that relate to improving a website’s presence on search engines.
- 40% Account executive duties.
We offer a truly hybrid workplace. You may work remote from anywhere in the US, or you may work out of our physical offices in New Orleans & Washington, DC. You can work either ET or CT.
Position compensation information is included in the benefits below. Cash paid annually is $41,000 – with retirement matching and other benefits the overall financial compensation range is between $44,000 to $52,200 depending on your insurance choices and hitting your KPIs for bonuses. Beyond dollars, we offer extremely generous PTO, unlimited sick time for physical or mental health, and lots of other goodies that make us a 5X Best Place to Work. No need to negotiate.
The application period for this position is now closed. Fill out our form below to receive notifications of future career opportunities at Online Optimism.
If you’re looking for a place to grow where your work (and you) will be appreciated and rewarded, you’ll find a home at Online Optimism.
Search & Content Management:
- Oversee the search and content management of 5 – 7 of Online Optimism’s search & content accounts.
- Craft engaging copy in a variety of formats for clients, including blogs, FAQs, website content, press releases, case studies, white papers, and long-form webpages.
- Ably use Moz, SEMrush, and other digital tools to perfect keyword research on your own, and guide long-term client SEO success.
- Conduct external research and coordinate with clients to be able to provide unique insights to their visitors via your content.
- Write about complex topics in a manner that target audiences can understand and evaluate, with the ability to shift tone or writing style quickly throughout your day.
- Implement SEO best practices to maximize the searchability and use of your content, including keyword targeting, off-site link building, internal linking, schema markup, page load speed, mobile friendliness, URL structure, page metadata, crawler accessibility, and more.
- Utilize your SEO knowledge to assist leadership to improve Online Optimism’s own SEO efforts.
- Edit the work of other members of the Search and Content department and provide SEO recommendations.
- Partner with our other departments (Digital Ads, Social Media, Web Dev/Design) to edit their work and ensure brand consistency for your clients.
- Utilize Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other metrics to measure your campaigns’ success, particularly focused on driving website conversions and increasing valuable organic search traffic.
Account Executive Duties:
- Work directly with clients, acting in an account executive role for 3 – 5 of Online Optimism’s clients.
- Collaborate with our other departments to ensure that your main accounts have a consistent, cohesive strategy and message across all their channels.
The total compensation package for this position is between $44,302 – $52,390.60 annually depending on your insurance choices. Your employment package includes:
- $40,000 as a base annual salary, which is $769.23 paid weekly.
- Technology stipend of $1,000 / year (also paid weekly.)
- SIMPLE IRA plan with 3% matching. If you put in 3%, this is an additional $1,200 / year.
- Potential additional $1,200 in earned bonuses depending on achieving your KPIs (discussed three times a year).
- Health insurance for you and any dependents at three different levels so you can choose what’s perfect for you. Online Optimism covers 50% (between $1,859.16 / year in our lowest plan of 1 person to $8,182.44 for a family plan)
- Dental insurance for you and any dependents – we cover 50%, so it can be worth anywhere from $208.32 / year (one person, no dependents) to $626.52 at the highest plan.
- Vision Insurance: We cover 100% (we look at a lot of screens, y’all) which is $75.12 at the lowest (one person, no dependents) to $221.64 at the highest (family plan). Our plan (at most stores) covers new glasses & frames up to $200 / year.
- Short term disability for 16 weeks
- Life Insurance ($10,000 policy)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) through ComPsych. While this offers a few benefits, the most common one is its allowance of up to three therapy sessions per life event.
All of your insurance begins on the 1st of the month following your first day of employment. You can see the exact costs for your insurance plan via our handy-dandy calculator, here.
- All employees receive raises at least annually, and our high-performers have earned raises two to three times a year in the past.
- All employees receive holiday bonuses. The amount depends on our company’s success throughout the year.
While financial compensation and insurance is important, we believe that your time spent outside of work is often just as important to maintaining a health balance – one of our values is Work is work, not life. This position will receive:
- PTO (in additional to unlimited sick time):
- In 2023, you’ll receive 11 days of PTO. You receive them as 3 days in April, 3 days in July, and 5 days in October.
- Starting in 2024, you’ll receive 15 days of PTO annually on January 1st.
- Financial compensation for any unused PTO at the end of the year, valued at 1/500th your annual salary. (It does not rollover.)
- Summer Fridays, which are four Friday half days throughout June to August. You’ll get all your first year.
- Half day for your birthday (available anytime your birthday week).
- Unlimited sick time for physical or mental wellbeing. This includes unlimited time for things including bereavement, mental health days, miscarriages, or any reason our Optimists believe they won’t be working at 100%.
- If for some reason a medical procedure isn’t available near you, we will also fly you to our DC offices and pay for a night’s hotel stay, no questions asked – you can read more about our out-of-state medical leave policy here, rolled out in June, 2022.
- 14 holidays per year, including: New Year’s Day, Mardi Gras Tuesday (+ the previous Monday and Friday)*, Good Friday*, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, *Christmas Eve, *Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve.
- The 6 religious holidays, marked with an *asterisk*, may be shifted around per employee’s wishes.
- Holidays which fall on weekends are moved to the business day before or after.
We work hard to create a supportive, optimistic environment. This includes:
- Our office hours are 9-5, Monday – Friday. You will be able to have flexible work hours including 8-4, and 10 – 6.
- We have an in-place policy that we don’t require employees to check their email while outside the office. We believe strongly in maintaining a work/life balance.
- Our “You Do You” remote work rule means that you get to choose whether you come into our beautiful offices, or work from home each day.
We also like to think we have a pretty great office culture. We have the usual fun stuff, and then go far above and beyond what you might be expecting:
- Casual dress code
- Top of the line computers to work on.
- We offer free web hosting to any Optimist.
- We have a 200% employee donation match program called Donate, Elevate.
- We provide quarterly volunteer opportunities, and allow staff paid time out of their day for opportunities of their own (or as a poll worker).
- Gifts for everyone on a new client account, or website launch.
- We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career or skills that you want to work on.
- We enjoy an annual retreat together.
- After your first 12 months of employment, you’re eligible for paid maternity or parental (adoptive) leave every twelve months, rolling. Paid is 100% your base salary. It is sixteen weeks paid maternity leave, and eight weeks of paid leave for adoptions/paternity.
- In your third year of employment, we’ll send you to a conference related to your field of study within the U.S., all expenses paid.
- After 5 years of employment at Online Optimism, we extend your PTO from 15 days to 20.
- After 10 years of employment at Online Optimism, we’ll provide you with an additional 3 week sabbatical.
We have no non-compete. You should only be at Online Optimism if you believe it’s the best opportunity for your career at this time.
Lastly, we’re very confident that everyone who receives one of our offers is going to be a great fit at Online Optimism. If, however, you don’t think it is after 60 days, no problem, we’ll offer you a buyout package. This means that we’ll offboard you over the next week (with insurance til the end of the current month), pay you a $2,000 severance package (after receiving our equipment back,) and wish you the best in your career somewhere else.
BE NOTIFIED OF FUTURE JOB OPENINGS
"*" indicates required fields
Our goal is to provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Optimists. We do not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; marital status; age; national origin; ancestry; physical or mental disability; medical condition; pregnancy; genetic information; gender; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; veteran status; natural, protective, and cultural hairstyles; or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.