The application period for this position is now closed. If you’re interested in future career opportunities at Online Optimism, please fill out the form on this page.
"*" indicates required fields
It looks like you’re on a mobile device!
Our application is unique, and it can take some time to complete. Enter your name and email, and we’ll send you a link so you can apply from a computer (trust us, it’s easier).
"*" indicates required fields
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing a portfolio of 5–20 client accounts across various industries. You will serve as the main point of contact between clients and Online Optimism’s coordinators, strategists, designers, developers, and directors who do the marketing and design work for those clients. You will work closely with our clients, providing strategic guidance and ensuring the successful implementation of digital marketing campaigns and completion of creative projects. This is a fast-paced role that requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication abilities, and a deep understanding of digital marketing strategies.
Applications opened October 30th, 2023, and will be considered on a rolling basis. We expect to make a hiring decision in November, 2023.
Your job as an Account Executive at Online Optimism will include:
- 60% client communication and coordination to help our team achieve clients’ goals.
- 20% onboarding and offboarding clients in coordination with Online Optimism’s Growth team.
- 20% reporting on clients’ campaigns and communicating our teams’ progress throughout campaigns.
Where You’ll Work:
We offer a hybrid work environment where you can choose to work in-office (at our offices in the Irish Channel) or at home every day. This specific position does require you, though, to be based in New Orleans, and be willing to meet clients in their New Orleans locations 1-2 times per month.
Who Are We Looking For?
If you’re looking for a place to grow where your work (and you) will be appreciated and rewarded, you’ll find a home at Online Optimism.
You must have at least:
- 1-4 years of creative agency experience.
- Proven experience as an Account Executive in a digital marketing agency, handling multiple client accounts simultaneously.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of digital marketing tactics, including but not limited to social media, SEO, Google Ads, and content marketing.
- Strong communication skills and a love for talking to people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling and persuasive content.
In addition, the strongest candidates will have:
- Analytical experience with Google Analytics or a similar platform.
- Digital marketing certifications or a degree in marketing.
- Knowledge of web design/WordPress.
- Portfolio showcasing previous digital marketing campaigns and content creation work.
We strive to offer extremely competitive compensation packages, in addition to an amazing benefits package. This includes:
- Base annual salary paid weekly. This position’s base salary will be $40,000 – $60,000 dependent on experience. We will share your specific compensation offer amount when scheduling further interviews, based on your application. We are doing this to avoid differences in compensation between employees that try to negotiate, and those that don’t, which improves an organization’s diversity and equality.
- Additional technology stipend of $1,000 / year (also paid weekly).
- SIMPLE IRA plan with 3% matching.
- Potential additional $1,200 in earned bonuses depending on achieving your KPIs (discussed three times a year).
- Health insurance for you and any dependents at three different levels so you can choose what’s perfect for you. Online Optimism covers 50% (between $1,859.16 / year in our lowest plan of 1 person to $8,182.44 for a family plan)
- Dental insurance for you and any dependents – we cover 50%, so it can be worth anywhere from $208.32 / year (one person, no dependents) to $626.52 at the highest plan.
- Vision Insurance: We cover 100% (we look at a lot of screens, y’all) which is $75.12 at the lowest (one person, no dependents) to $221.64 at the highest (family plan). Our plan (at most stores) covers new glasses & frames up to $200 / year.
- Short term disability for 16 weeks
- Life Insurance ($10,000 policy)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) through ComPsych. While this offers a few benefits, the most common one is its allowance of up to three therapy sessions per life event.
All of your insurance begins on the 1st of the month following your first day of employment. You can see the exact costs for your insurance plan via our handy-dandy calculator, here.
- All employees receive raises at least annually, and our high-performers have earned raises two to three times a year in the past.
- All employees receive holiday bonuses. The amount depends on our company’s success throughout the year.
While financial compensation and insurance is important, we believe that your time spent outside of work is often just as important to maintaining a health balance – one of our values is Work is work, not life. This position will receive:
- PTO (in additional to unlimited sick time):
- You’ll begin accruing PTO on your first day at our normal rate which equals 15 days of PTO per year.
- While you’ll be accruing PTO, we don’t allow PTO to be used your first 60 days. (You will receive our standard holidays.)
- Any vacation time will roll over to the next year (with a cap of 15 days).
- Summer Fridays, which are four Friday half days throughout June to August. You’ll get all your first year.
- Half day for your birthday (available anytime your birthday week).
- Unlimited sick time for physical or mental wellbeing. This includes unlimited time for things including bereavement, mental health days, miscarriages, or any reason our Optimists believe they won’t be working at 100%.
- If for some reason a medical procedure isn’t available near you, we will also fly you to our DC offices and pay for a night’s hotel stay, no questions asked – you can read more about our out-of-state medical leave policy here, rolled out in June, 2022.
- 14 holidays per year, including: New Year’s Day, Mardi Gras Tuesday (+ the previous Monday and Friday)*, Good Friday*, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, *Christmas Eve, *Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve.
- The 6 religious holidays, marked with an *asterisk*, may be shifted around per employee’s wishes.
- Holidays which fall on weekends are moved to the business day before or after.
We work hard to create a supportive, optimistic environment. This includes:
- Our office hours are 9-5, Monday – Friday. You will be able to have flexible work hours including 8-4, and 10 – 6.
- We have an in-place policy that we don’t require employees to check their email while outside the office. We believe strongly in maintaining a work/life balance.
- Our “You Do You” remote work rule means that you get to choose whether you come into our beautiful offices, or work from home each day.
We also like to think we have a pretty great office culture. We have the usual fun stuff, and then go far above and beyond what you might be expecting:
- Casual dress code
- Top of the line computers to work on.
- We offer free web hosting to any Optimist.
- We have a 200% employee donation match program called Donate, Elevate.
- We provide quarterly volunteer opportunities, and allow staff paid time out of their day for opportunities of their own (or as a poll worker).
- Gifts for everyone on a new client account, or website launch.
- We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career or skills that you want to work on.
- We enjoy an annual retreat together.
- After your first 12 months of employment, you’re eligible for paid maternity or parental (adoptive) leave every twelve months, rolling. Paid is 100% your base salary. It is sixteen weeks paid maternity leave, and eight weeks of paid leave for adoptions/paternity.
- In your third year of employment, we’ll send you to a conference related to your field of study within the U.S., all expenses paid.
- After 5 years of employment at Online Optimism, we extend your PTO from 15 days to 20.
- After 10 years of employment at Online Optimism, we’ll provide you with an additional 3 week sabbatical.
We have no non-compete. You should only be at Online Optimism if you believe it’s the best opportunity for your career at this time.
Lastly, we’re very confident that everyone who receives one of our offers is going to be a great fit at Online Optimism. If, however, you don’t think it is after 60 days, no problem, we’ll offer you a buyout package. This means that we’ll offboard you over the next week (with insurance til the end of the current month), pay you a $2,000 severance package (after receiving our equipment back,) and wish you the best in your career somewhere else.
"*" indicates required fields
Our goal is to provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Optimists. We do not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; marital status; age; national origin; ancestry; physical or mental disability; medical condition; pregnancy; genetic information; gender; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; veteran status; natural, protective, and cultural hairstyles; or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.